Overweight games of strategy

On Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me the other day -- that one and only NPR news quiz -- one of the panelists was searching his brain for an answer to one of the questions. Out came "Fats Waller," then "Chubby Checker." The correct answer, it turned out, was Fats Domino.

And I got to thinking -- oh... those are all different people?

And then I got to thinking -- why did I also think these were the same person? Why had I associated the three?

Fats Waller and Fats Domino is easily enough explained.

Waller came first. Domino is named after him in part. Hence the shared nickname.

But why in my head did I always associate Chubby Checker with Fats Domino, despite the lack of any shared letters?

Wait a minute -- because Chubby is a synonym for Fat.

Wait! And a Checker is a game piece, much like a Domino!

Before you get too excited, as I did, it turns out this was part of the original joke. Chubby Checker's name was a deliberate riff on Fats Domino.

But now, at least, we know.


Yorumlar

Bu blogdaki popüler yayınlar

Transsexual bangbros amelia

Exhibitionist chunky levine

Seins mack chain